How do I contact CBH Super?

 We are always happy to hear from our members and answer any questions you may have. You can contact us directly on 9237 9707, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  or visit us at our West Perth office, 30 Delhi Street, West Perth. We also come to you with regular site visit scheduled throughout the year.


How do I find out my account balance?

 You can access your super account details 24 hours a day by logging into your online account on the CBH Super website. You will need your username and password to access this. If you have forgotten your password you can request this online. You can update your details including address, telephone and email online and view your investment options and chosen beneficiaries.                                                                                                                                    


What is my member number?

 Your member number is provided to you when you joined the Fund. You can find this on any communication you receive from us as well as online in your member account. If you are unsure of your member number, please contact us and we can help. You can also find this on your member card.  

                                                                                                                        Back to Top 

Can I roll over super from another superannuation fund into my CBH super account?

 Yes you can. As a member, you can easily rollover your super from another superannuation fund and consolidate your super into one place. Simply complete a Rolling to CBH Super form and we will organise this on your behalf. Alternatively, you can use a rollover form provided by your existing superannuation fund. We recommend you contact your existing fund to check if they charge any exit fees or if there is any insurance you may lose when rolling over your super. 

Can I leave my super with CBH Super if I move jobs?

 Yes, when you cease employment with the CBH Group, you can keep your superannuation balance with us. To do this you need to complete a Request to Remain a Member Form which is available by calling us on 9237 9707 or emailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  We also send this information out to you once we have been notified that you are leaving. Once this is completed, your super benefit will stay with CBH Super and you will become known as a Retained Member.

                                                                                                                                      Back to Top 

What information do I need to provide my new employer with when filling out super forms?

 To nominate CBH Super Fund as your superannuation preference with a new job, you will need to provide your new employer with a compliance declaration from CBH Super.  

How do I change my preferred beneficiary?

 To change your preferred beneficiary you will need to complete a Nomination of Beneficiary Form and return this to us. If you would like to make a binding nomination (this means that your death benefit is paid to the dependant you have requested) you will need to complete a Binding Death Nomination Form 

How do I change my investment options?

 You can change your investment options at any time. To do this you need to complete an Investment Switch Form and return this to us.

                                                                                                                                              Back to Top 

What are the fees?

 CBH Super works hard to keep fees low. Information about what the fees are can be found in the Annual Report provided to members, click here for the latest version. You can also find the latest fee information in the member newsletters and in the Product Disclosure Statement

What is Salary Sacrifice?

 Salary sacrifice is an arrangement between you and your employer where you have agreed to take super contributions out of your pay before income tax is paid. Therefore the super contribution from your employer increases and your salary decreases by the same amount. This money is treated the same way as employer contributions and is subject to the Government's contributions tax of 15%. Salary sacrifice may be tax effective as the tax rate on contributions is generally well below the rate of income tax that would have otherwise been applied. Salary sacrifice contributions must remain in the superannuation system in accordance with the preservation rules.   

For more information about how you can salary sacrifice, please see our Factsheet here.

                                                                                                                                  Back to Top 

Can my spouse join the Fund?

 Yes. Spouses of active members (including growers) or retained members (former employees) are eligible to join. You will need to complete an Application for Membership - Spouses and return this to us.  

Can I make contributions to my spouse’s super account?

 Yes, if you have a spouse who has a low income you can help them save for retirement by making a spousal contribution. You can make a contribution from your after-tax pay to their super account and claim a tax offset up to a maximum of $540, which is 18% of the first $3000 of contributions. There are certain conditions that need to be met to be eligible for this tax offset. Please see the Other Information brochure for more information on this.  

                                                                                                                                                 Back to Top 

What other ways can I contribute to my super account?

 You can make contributions to your super in a number of ways. Details on what you can contribute can be found in the Other Information Brochure. If you need any assistance with this, please call us.  

Are there limits on how much I can contribute to super?

 Yes, the Government limits how much you can contribute to your super each year (without tax penalty) to a fixed dollar amount. This is commonly referred to as a 'cap'. 

Contribution caps apply to both concessional and non- concessional contributions and exceeding the caps will result in taxation consequences. For the 2018-19 financial year, the annual concessional cap is $25,000 per person for all ages. The non-concessional cap for 2018-19 is $100,000 p.a. Additional information about contributions caps is available in the Other Information Brochure.


What if I exceed the Contribution Caps?

 If you exceed the concessional contributions cap, any excess concessional contributions will be included in your assessable income for the corresponding year and taxed at your marginal tax rate. In addition, you will be liable for the excess concessional contributions (ECC) charge.

 Concessional contributions above the limit will count towards the non-concessional contribution cap.

 Non-concessional contributions that exceed the cap will be taxed at the top marginal rate plus Medicare levy (currently 47%).

 The ATO is responsible for administering the contributions caps and will notify you of any tax liability arising from the excess contributions.


                                                                                                                                                     Back to Top 

How much super will I need to retire?

 Working out how much you will need when you retire is beneficial in helping your super grow now for you.

 To help work out how much you will need, please see the following helpful sites. 

Moneysmart Superannuation Calculator

ASFA Superannuation Calculator 

 When can I access my super benefit?

 In most cases, any contributions you made into super before 1 July 1999 can be accessed when you leave employment. Your annual Member Benefit Statement shows this as the unrestricted non-preserved amount. However, since this date, the Commonwealth Government requires all contributions (and interest earned) stay in a super fund until you permanently retire after reaching your preservation age. The table below gives you an indication of your preservation age.


Date Born

Preservation Age

Before 1 July 1960

age 55

1 July 1960 – 30 June 1961

age 56

1 July 1961 – 30 June 1962

age 57

1 July 1962 – 30 June 1963

age 58

1 July 1963 – 30 June 1964

age 59

1 July 1964 or after

age 60


                                                                                                                                                   Back to Top 

What is the CBH Superannuation Fund's Super Fund Number (SFN)?

 The CBH Superannuation Fund's SFN is 1583 449 42. 

What is the CBH Superannuation Fund's Australian Business Number (ABN)?

 The CBH Superannuation Fund's ABN is 84 433 159 328. 

What is the CBH Superannuation Fund's Unique Superannuation Identifier (USI)?

 The CBH Superannuation Fund's USI is 84433159328123. 

                                                                                                                                    Back to Top 

What insurance is available through CBH Super?

 CBH Super offers Death cover, Total & Permanent Disablement (TPD) and Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI) through your super account.  More information on these insurances can be found in our Fact Sheets under our Insurance section:

 Death Cover Fact Sheet 

TPD Fact Sheet (joined prior to 1/7/2014) 

TPD Fact Sheet (joined after 1/7/2014) 

Salary Continuance Insurance Fact Sheet  

                                                                                                                                    Back to Top